Thursday, May 28, 2009

recently, i was victim to a life-changing event. an event so powerful and so bittersweet it's taken me this long to process it fully enough to blog. yes, dear reader(s?), you've guessed it, i could only be talking about one thing - my last night in Tree Hill.

the One Tree Hill season 6 finale was a masterpiece of emotion. Though I began my time with the Ravens a dubious critic, this quiet North Carolina town and it's inhabitants have now changed my life. I've laughed, I've cried, I've made some great friends. The season finale, however, was the pinnacle of Tree Hill success stories, eclipsing even the great 3 pointer state champion shot and subsequent Lucas/Peyton makeout of Season 4. That success was immediately tempered by a heart condition and a hit and run by a scorned bookie. But not this time. No, happiness flitted from character to character (although not to Dan Scott, but whose fault is that? He manipulated and fratricide-ed his way through six seasons) as if there had never been a psycho-stalker Derek, as if Jimmy Edwards hadn't shot up the school, as if Victoria had never been "Bitch-toria". It felt more like a series finale than a season finale, and I will be treating it as such. Chad Michael Murray apparently has gotten too good for the CW, and is now joining the elite dream team of Jamie Lee Curtis & Lindsay Lohan for a Freaky Friday sequel. Or something like that. Regardless, there will be no Lucas, Peyton, or baby Sawyer next season. Unfortunately, with the absence of CMM & HB, my heart is waging a hefty battle - is it the unstoppable combination of incestuous friendships between the "Core 5" that I love the most, or will I be able to deal with a 3/5s situation in exchange for having Brooke Davis remain in my life on a more regular basis? Historically, 3/5s compromises haven't held up to pressure, hence my almost certainty that Tree Hill and I will only ever be again in repeats and dear memories.

Clearly the only rational thing to do after finding myself lost (and insecure) post-finale was to re-watch the entirety of the series. Dedicated as I was to this task, the 120+ episodes only took about 5 days to devour. A true high point in my life. But as I relived the days when Lucas would bounce from Brooke to Peyton, when Haley and Nathan were young and unafraid of having the lamest catchphrase ("always and forever"...seriously? writers, you came up with gems such as "it sucks being the foot note in someone else's love story", and yet "always and forever" is the best you could do for Naley?), my desire to friend the entire cast but mostly Sophia Bush & Hilarie Burton only escalated into a code-red situation. Therefore, I have developed a plan. And it includes this very blog.

Step 1: Use my blogger identity to "follow" HB's new production company's blog on blogspot. Check.

Step 2: Leave comments on aforementioned blog that are both cool but engaging enough so that someone might be tempted to check out who wrote such a witty, zany comment. Still talking myself up/revising comment drafts.

Step 3: Get HB to read my blog, realize how much I have dedicated my life to Tree Hill, but not realize how much I have dedicated my life to kind of stalking her, and then have her contact me to be like OMGZ i love you!

Step 4: HB will obviously then share with SB that we all need to become friends. They will then come visit Bethany Joy Galeotti in Battleground, WA where she resides whilst not filming, and then the TRIO OF TREE HILL LADIES will pop down and pay me a visit.

I think it's pretty flawless.

No comments: